Marketing is hard. But developer marketing is marketing on hard-mode.
Listening to experts on podcasts is one way to make developer marketing a little bit easier. Below are my favourite developer marketing podcasts.
Scaling DevTools investigates how DevTools go from zero to one. Each episode interviews an expert - usually a founder or developer marketer about growth at their DevTool. Each episode is short and sweet - usually less than 20 minutes.
- Julie Reboul, Developer Marketer at Algolia - solve developer problems
- Effective developer events & developer sponsorships with Kimmy Leslie from Stream
- The four pillars of developer marketing with Kuba Czakon from Neptune.ai
P.s. I'm super biased because this is my podcast!
Open Source Startups
Open Source Startups is one of my favourite podcasts. Every week they interview founders building developer tools which are open sourced. A lot of the conversations quickly turn to developer marketing.
- Building Supabase, the Open Source Firebase Alternative
- Application Monitoring with Open Source Unicorn Sentry
- How Pulumi Launched an OS Project & Company at the Same Time
Developer Marketing Does Not Exist
Adam DuVander is one of our all time favourite developer marketers. And now he has a podcast - Developer Marketing Does Not Exist. Episodes are really short and full of gold.
- How to Reach More Developers
- Is *Developer Experience* Really Marketing?
- Your Developer *Blog* Is The New York Times
DevRelX podcast is focused on developer relations but there's a lot of overlap and they often feature developer marketers, including experts like Adam DuVander.